Sunday, August 23, 2009

XPpro continuously want to repair when I want to install!?

I am installing a fresh copy of XP-pro onto a self-built computer. The problem is, when I follow the usual steps in installing an OS, rather than the whole "choose the partition, auto-reboot, automatically install and done" routine, it is doing the repair (not the repair using console) mode. The disc copies all the files onto the blank HDD and when it restarts it goes back to the CD, even if I've set HDD as first boot device. Anyone know what's going on here?



Mobo: ECS P4M800 PRO-M



I don't know if it's the Mobo's problem, but when it loads the CD it takes forever to get into the blue screen, which pisses me off a lot as well!!!



Thanks for your reply in advance! I would truly appreciate any help I can get on this!



XPpro continuously want to repair when I want to install!?computer



best thing to do is format the hdd



download if you havent got one a copy of windows 98 se oem boot disk from here http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm



save to desktop or where ever u want



format a clean floppy



run the program it writes to the floppy and creats a windows 98 boot disk.



start pc with floppy as first boot



"start without cd rom support"



once a:/ is flashing type in fdisk



delete the hdd partition



then create a new partition and make active



restart with "start without cd rom support"

No comments:

Post a Comment