Friday, August 21, 2009

Why doesn't my Gateway 2 wire router not pick up when I remove my ethernet cable and go wireles

10 days ago I had AT%26T "repair" my 1710 Gateway router so that I could get the internet. The only was now is to have the ethernet cable attached to my computer. It always worked before this! I had to have work done on my computer before the "repair."



Why doesn't my Gateway 2 wire router not pick up when I remove my ethernet cable and go wireless?stinger



Hi, Connecting your router via a fast ethenet card is far better as this is a much more direct route than attempting a wireless conection that can be temprimental and you will gain nothing. There is no difference in performance by connecting a router via an ethernet card than by wireless connection., in fact a wireless connection can pickup interferance if placed in the wrong place, ie near a speaker for instance.



Hope this help's



Dr K.I.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment