Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wireless network is only recognizing one of my two computers?

I was on line and then just out of nowhere, I could not connect. This computer is obviously fine, but on the other one it cannot even "see the network". I did all the disable/enable and repair, but I cannot connect on computer number one.



Any thoughts?



Wireless network is only recognizing one of my two computers?aurora



OK I'm reading and the title don't match your problem... I believe that one computer cannot see your network not network cannot see computer..



I one computer is connected to the router/modem these devices are working properly. if not both computers won't work..



I'm assuming that theses are both laptops???



with most laptops there are a switch/button/function key that activates/de-activates the wireless card read your owners manual....



Are these embedded wireless devices,,, can you move these devices from one machine to another... do you have an extra wireless card to try..



anywho hope this helps



Wireless network is only recognizing one of my two computers?download



1. Try to PING the troubling PC from the normal PC to see is it good and have good ICMP reply.



2. Make sure that there's no personal firewall on the troubling PC that block the incoming or outgoing NETBIOS Protocol esp Microsoft Networking Protocol (SMB)



3. Make sure the "Computer Browser" services already running. Check it from Control Panel -%26gt; Administrative Tools -%26gt; Services

No comments:

Post a Comment