Friday, August 21, 2009

Cannot enter boot partition to check for signature?

I repair old computers for a hobby, and it seems lately I'm getting this ALOT on old computers I fix. I searched the net for answers, but none clear. Also, often I can't get a display at all. Can anyone help me on this?



Cannot enter boot partition to check for signature?norton 2008



Do the computers refuse to boot, or do you try to make changes to critical areas like the master boot record but are denied access?



If you're not already aware of them, browse the Live CD Linux distributions at



http://www.linux.org/dist/



since they load themselves into the computer without copying anything to the hard drive unless you specifically choose to install the OS. You'll probably want to choose English, Live CD, and Intel compatible in the drop-down list boxes.



The others are worth browsing too, though. I'm guessing that you sometimes run across computers that have crashed but that were separated from their OEM software somewhere along the way, so hopefully some of them can again be used for basic desktop functionality, even without Windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment