Sunday, August 23, 2009

What is wrong with a dentist making over $100,000 a year?

I am a dental assistant, so I know the behinds the scenes reasons why dentistry is so expensive. I am amazed at the number of people on here who call dentists money hungry and complain about the amount of money that dentists make, but a dentist isn't so bad when that same person has a horrible toothach. Do patients really think that the money they pay a dentist goes directly into their pocket? Do patients not realize that everything that they see in that office, from the drills to the anesthetic down to a single piece of paper, costs money, and that a dentist has to pay for all of this, rent, lab bills, utilities, salaries, malpractice insurance, continueing ed courses, repairs to computers and other equipment, before he pockets a dime of the money patients pay him? I can tell you, if I went to school for 8 years, paid over $300,000 for dental school, and had to deal with the issues that dentists do, I would expect to take home over $1000,000 a year. Wouldn't you?



What is wrong with a dentist making over $100,000 a year?network



I agree. When I was in hygiene school we were told over and over to watch how many towels we used just to dry our hands becuz in the real world dentists are cheapskates with what they need to spend. They should be, if people knew all the supplies and other expenses that it takes and just the stress of getting that far in your career, you should be making that much or more. The dentists at my office are very nice and have done a lot of quick procedures free of charge when I've walked in needing something like a small chip drilled smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment