Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What can I do to repair the error whenever i try to open my USB device, I/O device error.? read deta

i have an mp3 player/flash device , CREATIVE MuVo TX FM 512 Mb. it was working properly and suddenly i couldn't play it , i thought it was the battery matter so i changed it but nothing changed ... i tried to access it from my computer but whenever i try i get this message :



L:\ is not accessible. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.



L is the name of the device when i connect it to my pc ,, i tried another USB port , nothing changed,, i tried to format ,, no response , i tried another PC , also nothing happened,the same error .....



is the damage irreversible ? or there is something can be done to format it and repair the bad sector and the damaged area ...



i would be thankful for anybody if he knows the solution , i searched alot in the internet but nothing useful



thanks



What can I do to repair the error whenever i try to open my USB device, I/O device error.? read details?antivirus software



Hi abooodi,



An I/O device error could be many things. It could be a device driver issue, it could be a hardware issue when the device driver tries to "talk" to it and as you mentioned, it could be data corruption on the device.



If you believe it is data corruption, you can perform a web search for data recovery software, hard drive recovery software, or media recovery software and find the best software for your situation. Be forewarned that unless you understand file system structures you could corrupt it even further. You should not be looking for a recovery software that fixes corrupted files or "undeletes" a lost file. You are looking for a recovery software that will allow you to modify the file system structure. If you don't understand what I am talking about, then it's best to call tech support up and have them root-cause the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment