Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ridiculously slow computer despite runnig anti spyware etc.?

I have run spybot, registry repair, plus free version of AVG anti spyware (which only runs manual). Once I run them, they always find stuff in the computer and then I reboot, upon reboot the computer works normal, but next time I want to use it is again slow, or even slower than the last time. Even when I run these programs in safe mode, next time the computer is used is the same crap again.



What can I do? I need the computer all the time (CS major), but I can't figure out how to get it to run properly.



How can I fix this problem?



Thank you



Ridiculously slow computer despite runnig anti spyware etc.?hijackthis



Use Ad-aware 2007 personal (free),professional not free from lavasoft.com it's a potential very popular anti-spyware.



Other maintanance like HD defragmenting,terminating unnecessary processes running at the background thru Windows task process manager (ctrl+alt+del),disk cleaning up may help.



All the best.



Ridiculously slow computer despite runnig anti spyware etc.?malware



Check your processes. Ctrl-alt-del and go to the processes tab. See anything that takes more than 10,000 kb of RAM? See if you recognise it.



In fact, for advanced process tracking, use this :



http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinte...



Make sure you're using as little RAM as possible.
You may not have enough memory. Check and see how much you have. Also, check to see how full your hard drive is.
you could have a virus, not spyware,

No comments:

Post a Comment