Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Computer keeps restarting?

I have an IBM T60 laptop. And two days ago a virus was detected so i cleared the "system restore" and shut down the computer.



later when i tried to restart it- it came upto the point where windows was just about to start but then it restarts again and again. I think some important system file of windows XP was deleted!



I cant even get it workin on 'safe mode'. I had to use a separate boot-up disk to access the harddisk to take some backup.



But now i was said i ll have to format my whole HD! But i dont want to lose my programmes.



please advise me on how to save the contents in the HD and get the computer workin again. basicaly, a method to repair the system without having to format it.



thanks



Computer keeps restarting?antispyware



if it won't boot in safe mode, you have a problem. If you have a spare HDD you can load a fresh copy of windows on that then slave the other drive to save your contents. And i would clean the virus off ASAP



Computer keeps restarting?best antivirus software



when u boot the machine, press F8 and select disable automatic reboot.. it will give u an error message.. please mail me that error message at puneet_kakkar@hotmail.com
Insert your windows cd and try a repair installation, it should just replace the old system files with fresh ones.
Slave the drive in another PC and run an error check on it. I happened to figure this out fixing a PC. If it does an automatic scan when you boot it up after it being slaved, let it run.
Yep you got a boot virus!



The best advice I can give would be to slave the hard drive to another computer and copy all of your important data. Then reformat the drive and start over.
They all are right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment