Friday, August 21, 2009

About my computer??

when I tried to log in today..It said "no connection found" and would not open my homepage..I checked the connection to my dsl and everything was connected properly and still no luck..So what I did was ( I new I had aol free for 3 months if I wanted it so I started the set-up process to see if it could find the connection..at first it said it could not find it either but gave me the option to "repair" the connection and when i did that the connection came back up..my question is what happen to my computer that it needed to be repaired (virus)? is there a different way to "repair" it without going thru aol if it happens again?



About my computer??pc security



The most likely cause was a mis configured IP address, it happens from time to time, If you go to control panel and network connections, then right click on your connection it should give you the option to repair the connection.



About my computer??symantic



You didn't say who your ISP provider is, but if you have frequent trouble with this, you might want to call them and let them take you through your configuration to make sure it's done correctly.



Frequently, though, you can fix this problem by turning off and unplugging your DSL modem . Let it sit for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Often, that's all it takes to reset your modem.

No comments:

Post a Comment