Friday, August 21, 2009

My computer wont start up normally and i get the blue death screen. Which option should i use?

I get the blue death stop screen whenever i turn on my computer and i was refered to repairing the OS. I have windows 2000 and i insert the cd and when i go to repair it gives me two options.



-Emergency Repair Process (press R)



-Recovery Console (press C)



Can you explain to me which each one does? Will they both erase everything that i have on my computer? Will they require me to put in my serial key that windows gave me, because i no longer have that key, this is obviously a windows 2000 computer and i dont have that stuff anymore.



No smart Remarks and I dont want to buy a new computer.



Please Help THANK YOU!!!



My computer wont start up normally and i get the blue death screen. Which option should i use?virus



The Emergency Repair Process reinstalls your necessary files for your OS to run. It will basically set you back to the original installation. All of your microsoft updates will be gone including whatever service packs that you installed after the Windows 2000 SP? that you have in your hand.



A Recovery Console 'C' will give you a dos prompt and will give you access to commands such as copy, xcopy, dir, fixboot, fixmbr etc...this is useful if you know what the problem is and know how to fix it.



Go ahead and try the 'R'. It will not erase your programs or your data. It will put your OS back in properly. Just go back to Microsoft Updates and get all the updates that you can right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment