Friday, August 21, 2009

How can I get my computer to boot?

Alienware Aurora 7500: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, 3GB DDR2-800, 250GB+320GB HDD's, 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8800GT, nForce 590 SLI (AMD)



I tried to fix my Windows XP installation on my 320GB Hard Drive, but instead I just deleted the partition, and wanted to run a system restore to factory conditions, but when I boot from the system restore disk it finds an error before it can start. It came with a Vista support disk (for the vista partition on the 250GB HDD) but when I try to repair the Vista installation it finds an error and cannot repair. Should I send the computer back to Alienware, or is there a way to fix this. I just want to get it to boot up in vista.



How can I get my computer to boot?windows



What is the exact error code?



If it's an Unmountable boot drive then it's generally a problem in the zero sector of the hard drives caused by a virus corrupting key files, or the disks actually suffering physical damage.



Either way a replacement HDD is your only true fix if that is the problem. if that isn't the problem, run a Full Reformat on Both Hard rives and Reinstall both OS's. You may also have a corrupted BIOS extension that is screwing around with the boot procedures. In that Case I would suggest booting the computer to Command prompt only and resetting the BIOS settings to their respective defaults.



Without more info it's hard to say what exactly is wrong and what can be done to fix it

No comments:

Post a Comment