Sunday, August 23, 2009

Can I use this tuner on my kids' computer?

Ok, my computer is in need of repair so I am hoping I could use my tv tuner on my son's. Can you tell me if this is possible?



Requirements for the tuner:



Minimum processor recommended:



-2.2 GHz P4 or 1.8 GHz Centrino or equivalent (minimum).



-2.8 GHz processor for analog TV recording with MPEG-2 (minimum).



Microsoft庐 Windows庐 Vista (all versions), Windows XP, XP Pro or Windows XP Media Center Edition, with Service Pack 2. Also compatible with Vista Media Center.



Graphics with 64MB of memory (minimum).



My son's computer specs:



Intel Pentium 4 1.90 ghz



1.89 ghz, 512 mb ram



nvidia geforce3 Ti 200



Windows xp home edition



I'm just hoping to record one show once a week until I get my computer back from the shop. Thanks!



Can I use this tuner on my kids' computer?free adware remover



As long as he has an open expansion slot, there should not be a problem.



The best way to figure out if it works is to just try it. If the computer freezes up or an error occurs, just remove the card and then you will know that it does not work,



Good luck!



Can I use this tuner on my kids' computer?internet security 2006



all that info is un needed just look at the back of the tv and see if there is a port to go from the tv to the computer if there is your good to go if not guess what ?
Your son's CPU is too slow.



It will work but may not record TV in sync with audio and it may drop frames. It won't hurt to try.



Just make sure the computer isn't being used at the time or is downloading via P2P or running a virus scan.
you might be but it may not work very good because you are basically running the card on the minimum requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment