Friday, August 21, 2009

Original Setup CD ROM lost, does that mean my computer data is gone?

Hi my computer totally crashed, and now I have this screen that says that i need to repair with the original setup CD ROM... I have no idea where that CD rom is...



Does that mean it's all gone, that I won't be able to retrieve my files?



Only smart answers please.



Original Setup CD ROM lost, does that mean my computer data is gone?abtuvurys 2005



First you can try repairing it with a windows XP disk, but since you said you lost that CD. another way to go about is install another Hard drive in there and make the current Hard Drive as secondary. Make sure you put a operating system on the Primary Hard Drive first.



ANother way you can do it is, take the hard Drive out and put it in a Enclosure box. and you will be able to read data off that HD on any computer.



Original Setup CD ROM lost, does that mean my computer data is gone?antivirus programs



No it does not mean your data is gone, you can bring it to the geeks, at a computer store to get it gone again, or you know what kind of computer you have, get a backup disk from one of your friends that has the same kind of computer, it should work.

No comments:

Post a Comment