Friday, August 21, 2009

If a computer's hardware is damaged by dust can it be fixed?

After reading other similar questions, I think dust is probably the cause of my computer's inability to completly power up (fan starts up, light comes on, hear a beep and then it just dies). All I really want to do is save my pictures that I have on it saved on it onto a disk; is it possible to repair, or somehow jimmy it to work one last time to get them before it dies??



If a computer's hardware is damaged by dust can it be fixed?norton 360



The reply from " jasonjas " has the best advice.



For the record :



Dust CAN DAMAGE any electronic component because of it's heat insulating effects.



Components covered with dust heat up more easily, thus resulting (over the long term) in damage or failure.



regards,



Philip T



If a computer's hardware is damaged by dust can it be fixed?photoshop



If your computer is not working properly while you are working on it, it could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software.



Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zpr
take out the battery for a minute or so then put back in try that
Under extreme conditions dust can cause an issue. However, during my many years of support experience I have never known dust to be responsilbe for a computer failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment